Friday, September 05, 2008

TGIF

TGIF! I'm sitting here watching Little House on the Prairie and waiting for R to get home from work. Dusti's front paws are bleeding. We let her nails get too long because we are no longer taking her to grooming. She has blood on her face too. :o( The van is in the shop, but it is ready, so he is going to take me to get the van and then I will take her to the vet. I just hope they have time to clip her nails.

K15 slept until 1:30 today. She has been so congested and run down lately. I'm glad she has a day to sleep. K18's day is Saturday.

I love Little House, but the old women are always (aka Mrs. Whipple) portrayed as stupid. Usually the show ends happily but not today. I love happy endings. Some of my favorite chick flicks are Blue Lagoon, 27 Dresses, 50 First Dates, Ever After (I always watch this when I'm sick), Kate and Leopold, French Kiss, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, Return to Me, Serendiptiy, Trouble with Angels (not a chick flick but I cry EVERY time), Pride & Prejudice (the six-hour A & E version). I also LOVE Medicine Man, Pillow Talk, That Touch of Mink, and so many more.

Now I'm watching another episode. There is a tornado, and Pa tells everyone to get into the sod house. I have never heard mention of the sod house in the series before, but the girls and I saw it in 2001. It was basically caved in. The sod house was very close
to the "little house." An amazing sight when we went to the Ingalls' homestead was the slough. I remember in one of her books, Laura recalls when baby Carrie was lost in the slough. Let me tell you, it would be very difficult to find a small tot in there. It was tall and thick.

We received a bill from a vendor that we were not expecting. Have to look up the records. Please pray that it has already been paid. Also, received a huge electric bill. Have to go see Mr. Klein about that and see if he is running electricity. Sure appears that way. Guess we should have paid the huge disconnect fee. A job would be good about now. I have an interview next Friday.

No comments: