Saturday, September 06, 2008

Dusti Update

A couple of hundreds of dollars later, Dusti is fine. Vet said she wasn't bleeding at all; it was some sort of dye. She was very puzzled - new blanket? No. new toy? No. did she get into something in the yard? No. Finally, K15 called and said that Dusti had eaten a lipstick! Yea! Mystery solved. Good thing the carpets haven't been cleaned yet. I would be really upset! What cost us so much was she was due for her shots and tests and they will not test an animal unless they've had an exam, of course, so we had to pay for an exam, nail clipping, shots, and tests.

K15 quit her Saturday shift today so K18 will take her place (reluctantly, I'm sure).

I'm sitting here eating blue corn chips and guacamole dip and waiting for my lasagna to be done. I am STARVING! R will be going over to E's house to install a window unit. K18 is at a church workday, so I guess K15 and I get the lasagna and garlic bread all to ourselves!

Here are menu plans for the week in no particular order: lasagna, grilled hamburgers, pancakes tilapia, baked chicken, spaghetti, chili, barbeque. We already had five of the entree ingredients at home SOOOOO.....

Did well at the grocery store today again - $105, including a People magazine and four $5 DVDs. I got West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof, and Legally Blonde 1 & 2. I really want to watch Akeela and the Bee tonight, but we have to do Spanish, and K15 has major research to do on Florence, Italy in the Renaissance time period. Luckily, she only has to have an outline by Tuesday. Well, I am going to go watch a movie with K15 while dinner is cooking and heating up my house. I hate using the oven when it is so hot but I have run out of creative ideas that don't involve the oven. I can't wait for "crockpot weather!" And let me just say for the record, "I absolutely LOVE mashed potatoes! I have figured out lately that it is one of my comfort foods." I have started making them once a week, and we used to never have them. I will put my Glorified Mashed Potatoes recipe on here someday. You HAVE to try them! R was coming over for dinner tonight and to get the washer/dryer, but she has to clean the church for E since she has to be home helping with the air conditioner.

I would like to go to a movie or something tomorrow, but the girls have to study. Maybe someone will go with me????

Have a nice night.

No comments: