Monday, September 29, 2008

Glad it is getting cool!

Lots of news today.
1. We have power! Still no a/c on one side of the house.
2. I got a job! (pending references and FBI fingerprinting)

Next time there is a storm, I am NOT going to buy soup! No one wanted it because it was too hot! I have lots of soup left, and we can start eating it now because it is finally getting cool!

I was offered a job yesterday at a small, private Montessori school in Spring, Texas. If everything goes through, I will be starting an elementary school for them. My hours will be 8:30 to 4:30. 3:30 - 4:30 will be my planning time, so the director says that if it is slow I can leave early.

Today is my mom's birthday! Happy 70th!!!!!

I have to go grocery shopping today, my least favorite thing. I am going to start slowly; no since in buying things we don't need right away. I don't know how many of partially used salad dressings I threw away.

I slammed the back door this morning, and three of the four braces fell from the ceiling. We still have a large hole in our sitting area. Now we have a leak outside the kitchen, and our water is a dark brown when we try to get water in the kitchen. Hope it is storm-related. It would make sense since that is approximately where the tree hit. Probably a small piece of galvanized pipe needs to be replaced.

A and R, I hope you have power now! Guess I will find out today!
R, I have been trying to reach you, but keep getting a fax machine, and I know how you don't like to use your cell phone! You have been so sweet calling everyday and letting K15 come over!
You know what I just figured out? I have about five friends whose names start with R! Oh, well, you know who you are.

I slept upstairs last night for the first time in a week or so. It wasn't too bad. When I woke up it was 73! Welcome Fall! It is my favorite time of the year!

No comments: