Thursday, September 25, 2008

POWERless

It's funny how these days instead of asking if you have electricity, people ask you if you have POWER. No, we still do not have power. I have learned some things during our power outage:
1. It takes me three days to drink one bottle of water.
2. It is not necessary to shine a flashlight in someone's face to speak to them.
3. When you turn the shower on, it is not necessary to stand there and water for the water to heat up. IT WON'T!
4. When you are in the dark, be careful where you sit. I sat on a tube of hydrocortizone cream and busted it big time!
5. Cell phones make excellent flashlights.

My friends R and K call me everyday to ask if I have power. Tomorrow the girls and I are going to my parents' house to wash clothes, and we have a lot! The girls will also do schoolwork over there and, hopefully, get ahead for the weekend.

My grandmother came through her surgery fine. She has to leave the stint in for 6 weeks. She sounded great this morning.

L, I'm going to stay away from you! You Swiffer people's faces!

Gotta go!

No comments: