Sunday, May 28, 2006

Now THAT'S Honesty!

Monday, our store had a sale from 9:00 to 1:00. We are usually closed on Mondays, so already things were out of whack in my head. I got distracted towards the end and forgot to lock one of the outside doors when we all left.

A while later... an older couple entered through the unlocked door, shopped around in the dark store, and brought their items up to the cash register to pay. There was no one there to check them out, so they left their items on the counter and walked out!

The couple returned the next morning to explain what had happened and then paid for their items! God is good! Wish I had been there. I would have given them a huge discount for displaying such honesty!

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

1 comment:

TXArtcGal said...

OH WOW!!! That is nice the couple did that! Hmmm...I'm surprised you don't have security go around checking the doors...I guess they probably don't do that everywhere, eh? But...I bet you never forget to lock the door again!

I agree...God is good!! Glad he protected your store!