Saturday, October 07, 2006

Impatience

Today is one of my impatient days. Have you ever had a customer that obviously does not "belong" in your store? You wonder why they ever walked in the door? This is the person who walks up and down every aisle, looking for absolutely nothing, and looking so misplaced. This week I have had people come in and ask if I sell crepe paper for decorating at parties and/or greeting cards. HELLO! I am a BOOKstore. Although I suppose I do carry some off-the-wall items like iron fillings, hand pointers, and Sea Monkeys. Want to know where the Resale area of my store is? Read the large black & white sign dangling from the ceiling overhead that I had made especially for that area. Don't like that I'm closed on Sunday and Monday? Come shop the other five days of the week because I need a day of rest and a day for field trips and doctors appointments.

On the other hand, I love most of my customers like they were family. So many have supported me for so long and are very appreciative that we're in business. BUT to the lady who is still in my store walking around with one package of tissue paper after five o'clock (my closing time), hint, hint, hint, "I'd like to go home now!"

~thank you~

2 comments:

~T said...

One of my favorites from this week:

Customer~ "where are your halloween supplies?"

Me~ "we don't carry anything halloween."

Customer~ "well, that's just stupid... I think I'll go to Michaels."

I'm sure I'll hear more of that as we get closer to the 31st. UGH>

~T said...

Oh, and I get asked about crepe paper almost weekly here too. I just send them to Hobby Lobby next door! LOL