Friday, October 13, 2006


Even the guy who works for Kroger knows - it's more fun to shop at Klein's!

I found a new use for the seat warmer in our van - I used it to keep my kolaches warm this morning until I got to my destination.


Today I have become a bit nostalgic about the internet. I remember the first night I ever went "online." I got a free disc from AOL. Didn't know how the AOL files would screw up my computer. I remember pushing "start" and all of these wonderful icons came up on my desktop. I remember saying to myself, "Am I really on?" I had no way to tell. I was clicking on everything to see if it would connect me to another "real" person. I clicked on "shopping", "people", "chat", anything to prove to myself that I was actually on THE World Wide Web. I started out as mom42girls. Once, it wouldn't take it anymore, so I changed it to mom42terrificgirls, and it stuck. I went to chat rooms for teachers, pet lovers, collectors, TV trivia, and Christians, anything to connect. I subjected myself to some pretty vile and ruthless people. But I was happy. I didn't know about the huge internet world that was out there. To me, the internet was so small. Now I know how careful one must be on the internet.There are some real kooks out there. But I met my friend, T, and that was one of the best things that ever happened to me on the internet.

1 comment:

~T said...

LOL, I think I'm one of those kooks too! ;)

Your blog touched me tonight. I am so glad to have met you through the www and my kids feel like your daughters are their cousins. We miss y'all and want to get together soon! I've got a new photo of "G" to share with ya too!

****smooches****