Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cooking Tip #1


Here's what happens when I'm not quite awake in the morning. I took the eggs out of the pan, turned and walked away without turning off the stove. Cooked the end right off the spatula. Funny thing is, no one downstairs smelled the burning plastic. When I got back downstairs, it was in flames. Maybe I should stop cooking until I'm not so distracted. On second thought, maybe I'll just stop cooking altogether. I would gladly turn in my chef's hat with no tears whatsoever.

School is going VERY well! We moved all our school "stuff" to the store. We have a small room upstairs (wish it were bigger) with a window where I can look out over the entire store. There is just enough room in there for the girls' two desks, a small shelf for my things, and an area to put a dry erase board on an easel. We are a bit cramped, and I miss reading on the couch. But the girls have been focusing really well. We are taking them out to dinner tonight to congratulate them for a full week of schoolwork completed!

I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking. Author: Katherine Cebrian

My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it. Author: Buddy Hackett

~off to celebrate the end of our first week of school~

No comments: