Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blessings from Friends

I don't like to brag, but I am blessed with some of the most wonderful friends there are. I have decided to start writing a list of the kind things people do for me each week to help me remember that fact and to never take them for granted. It's the small, almost insignificant things that touch me the most, things that make my day a bit easier, or make me feel that I'm special. These people rarely, if ever, ask for anything in return. Here is this week's list right off the top of my head. I will try to start jotting them down from now on. These are in no particular order, but start from last Wednesday.
1. One friend prayed for me in her car.
2. One friend called me every day to check on me.
3. Another friend called me every morning to check on me.
4. One friend brought me two cards in a row and a bracelet.
5. Another friend brought me a free magazine rack for the store. I can display over 100 books on it!
6. One friend brought her daughter over to play with mine and spent money in my store besides!
7. Another friend offered to pick up my daughters from a girls conference today!

It's weeks like this that remind me how truly blessed I am!

"Friends are friends forever, if the Lord is the Lord of them.
And a friend will not say never, cause the welcome will not end.
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands I know
That a lifetime's not too long... to live as friends." -Michael W Smith

~cherish your friends~

1 comment:

~T said...

It's nice to have good friends! :o)