Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yesterday

I went to bed last night around 6:00. I was so exhausted from driving all day. Here was where I went:
Left home at 7:30 in the morning to drive K17 to Magnolia for 8:00 to 10:00 class. Stopped at Sonic for drinks on the way. Sat in teacher's driveway for an hour, doing nothing. 9:00 a.m. - drive down the road to library and did searches on the computer. 9:55 - back in car, drive to pick K17 up from class. 10:15 leave teacher's house and drive home to pick up K14. Thankfully, she was ready!

10:20 - drove to Sonic (I think) then to store. Picked up the girls' three friends from the store around 10:40. Drove into Houston (about a 25 minute drive) to drop five teenagers off at a church for Bible study. Noticed I'm almost out of gas (Hmmm. I put $25 worth in it the day before). Forgot my lunch. Stopped at Taco Bell for a tostada with sour cream (minus the salmonella-causing tomatoes). Stopped at HEB for $25 gas. Card wouldn't work because it is bent, so took longer. Went to work to check on website and eat my tostada. It is now almost noon.

12:30 - leave work to go back into Houston to church to pick up the five teenage girls. It starts pouring rain so badly that people are pulling over to the side of the freeway because it is difficult to see. This puts me behind schedule because K14 is supposed to be at babysitting by 1:00.

1:00 - arrive at church. The girls are in a wild mood, loud, snapping flash pictures which is bouncing off the inside of the windows. Luckily, the rain has stopped. Drop K14 off at her babysitting job - she is 20 minutes late. :o(

1:35 - arrive at our store to drop one girlfriend off. Her mother works for us. Her dad will pick her up there.

I now have K17 and two others in van. Drive to CVS to run an errand, then get them to our church by 2:00 for VBS meeting.

Drive back to store, but can't work because there are several things going on around the store that need to be taken care of.

2:40 - leave to go pick up K17 at church. Her meeting is still going on. It is after 3:00 and I have to be in Houston by 3:30 to meet R at DPS to get K17's driver's license. Leave church at 3:10 and go to orthodontist's office to drop off late payment (first payment - I am not starting out too well.) Get to DPS in Houston around 3:40.

Leave and am on my way to pick up K14 from babysitting job.
Drive to our store to check on computer that had the virus and take care of a few things.
4:20 - K14 and I go to Kleins (not in car, thank goodness) to pick up some personal items.
Drive to Sonic and then home.

That was my day. I am SO glad K17 got her license yesterday and is getting her car today!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! I was googling and came across your blog and was reading this post thinking you had 17 kids because we always say K1 for first born, K2 for second born, K3 for third born, and so on and so on. So I'm reading this thinking, wow! 17 kids!? Then I realized in your profile you have two kids! So I'm assuming they are ages 17 and 14! Phew!