Saturday, June 14, 2008

Love 2 Learn

For those of you who haven't heard yet, we are closing the store July 31st. There is a lot to do. I found myself doing something today that I thought I would NEVER do: I referred 40 families to one of my major competitors, one which probably helped put me out of business. But you know what? I felt okay about it. They will be getting what they want and I will no longer have to compete with RR, so what's the difference?

I have thoughts go around and around in my mind, like what am I going to do with the telephoine system? What do I have to do to get my website turned off properly so that I don't have to continue paying fees? Where am I going to store nine years' worth of files? What am I going to do with my sign -- have a bonfire? But it will all work out in the end. I want to go out of town to relax one weekend when it is all over with. Hint to my friend J who has great perks with her job.

K17 hit two major milestones last week -- she got her driver's license and she bought a car! Right now she and K14 are at a lake party. It is so nice not having to drive them everywhere (see post below).

You know what one of my pet peeves is? Texting someone with a question and getting no reply for hours, especially when you both have been texting each other for 30 minutes. I have been waiting for an answer to my question for over 4 hours. That is too long for someone to have been in a movie.

So now comes the fun part: looking for a job. I have found some interesting positions available, but most of them are in Houston. The gas money will really hurt. Maybe I should invest in a motorcycle???? Probably not. I would not want to arrive at work windblown and with bugs in my teeth.

Tomorrow we are going to Mom and Dad's for Father's Day. Brian is cooking bbq ribs. Maybe we'll play some games.

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend.

No comments: