Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts

This week I have been working in the kiosk. I left my laptop there since the weekend because:
1) It is cooler in the kiosk.
2) I feel a need to be around the customers and employees more for the next month.
3) There are people I do not want to slip out without me telling them a final goodbye.

There is a magetic sculpture display to my right on the counter. It is driving me crazy because the word "solar" is misspelled in "solar system" on the box. One of my customers turned the box around today so that I would not have to dwell on it. Ha ha!

Mr. Klein has still not contacted us since I wrote him the letter on Saturday, which has us a bit concerned.

Here is our plan for the moment.
My friend L wants to purchase the following from us:

A counter
A computer with all the trimmings, display pole, scanner, etc.
A carousel
A pencil display
A Christian poster and miscellaneous turning rack with merchandise
All our Christian book stock
Our Girl Scout inventory and displays
Our Alpha Omega stock
Office supplies and mailers. Think I will keep the mailers.
Hooks and miscellaneous items.

My friend K wants to purchase at least four bookshelves

A customer wants to purchase some display racks for conferences.

My friend R wants to purchase a computer.

My friend M is going to come take pictures of fixtures next week to put on Ebay and Craigslist.

A woman on Teaching Mom who lives in San Antonio wants to purchase my Bob Jones stock.

June 24th we will have our anual Customer Appreciation Day Sale at 15% off.
We will continue to sell at 15% off through June.
Starting July 1st we will increase the discount.
On or around July 15th (on a Sunday/Monday) employees will come in and help sort consigment and conatact consignees. They will have two weeks to pick up items.
July 31st, the store will close and only sell fixtures.

There are some things we are just going to have to "throw" away:
All of our inside signs.
Our outdoor signs.
Our vehicle magnetic signs.
Catalogs of every kind
General junk from warehouse
Papers, pamphlets, flyers, business cards, etc.

My grandmother may be moving the same weekend, so we will be extremely busy.

We are going to put the Love 2 Learn refrigerator in our garage so that I can go get a Costco card.

My Girl Scout rep was shocked today when I told her the news, as are many customers. She said she thought our store was doing so well. I said, "No, I told you the Girl Scout section was doing well."

Starting on thyroid meds today, so, hopefully, I will have more energy to put into the closing.

Still haven't put together my resume. Am dreading that. I stayed awake the other night for two hours trying to remember the name of one of the court reporters I used to work for. Finally remembered! Today I could not remember one of the schools I worked for one year in the third ward. Had to go online to jog my memory. Man, it's hell being old!

K14 is singing onstage at church all week for VBS and having a wonderful time!
K17 is driving around town like there is no tomorrow. She applied at Target today. Please pray that she gets the job!

No comments: