Saturday, March 24, 2007

Book Elves


If a book falls off a bookshelf in a bookstore in the middle of the night, does it make a sound?

I find books on the floor all the time that have taken a nosedive onto the floor. What makes them do that? It's not like it's windy in the store. And I do believe that the longer an open book is upside down on the floor, the worse the crease. They should be picked up immediately! Remember the elves in the story of the Elves and the Shoemaker? Well, I want to hire a couple of book elves to look after the store at night. They would have direct access to two microwaves, a refrigerator, and a play area.



The above photo was the only decent picture I could find of an elf. You wouldn't believe what comes up when you google the word "elf."

I have now officially priced ALL of my consignment. The warehouse is clear for the first time since April 2006! I sold about 300 resale books this week! Just goes to show you that if the books are out there on the shelves, the customers will buy them!


Emily: We can't just throw him out in the snow.
Walter: Why not? He loves the snow. He's told me 15 times.

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

No comments: