Saturday, March 22, 2008

Round Hole Square Peg


Question of the week: How do you make 9,000 square feet of inventory fit into a space of 2,500 square feet? Answer? You drastically mark down everything in the resale section that belongs to the store. You put everything you possibly can on the wall. You turn all books on bookshelves to the side. You cut the size of your kiosk in half, get rid of the classrooms and work table. You put all your extra fixtures on E-bay or Craigslist and pray you don't have any left over to have to rent a storage space.You consolidate workbooks down to 2/3 of current racks and make the play area smaller. This is my challenge over the next month. Wish me luck.
There is a wasp in here, and out of the 12,000 square feet in this building he chooses to hang around me. Maybe he likes the smell of my 3 Muskateers that I am not supposed to be eating.
K17 is on her way to draw the name for the free Easter bunny. As soon as she is done, I am closing up shop. It is way too hot in here, but why turn on the air for no customers?
Some of the meals we had this week were: chicken spaghetti, turkey roast, turkey sausage, pasta salad with canadian bacon and turkey pepperoni. Tonight we are having turkey turkey chili dogs (yes, that's turkey turkey chili) with sweet potato fries. Thursday night we went to Paul's Pizza for the first time in a looong time. Cost us $42. Can't do that every week. Next Thursday I think I will crockpot because the finale of Celebrity Apprentice will be on and I want to see Trace kick Piers' butt. Go Marilu! You are one classy lady!

No comments: