Saturday, March 22, 2008

OCD Cartoon Time Again!


For those of you who can't read the second cartoon (I can't), the caption reads, "She's going to six different psychiatrists for her compulsive comparison shopping problem."

What the heck? A man and his two children keep walking past the door to our store. The youngest one even tried to open the door. But they don't come in! My open signs are up, my lights are on! I just don't know how a parent can bypass a children's bookstore and game store! Even resale children's books!


A VERY prominent doctor in our town just dropped in. Guess what she wanted? A bell, like you ring in a bell choir. The congregation of her church is going to ring bells in church on Easter.



Well, you might want to ask how the diet is going. I have lost about eight pounds so far, only about 50 to go! The hardest things for me to give up are cherry cokes and Easter candy that one of my employees insists on putting on the counter in basketfuls. Nestle Crunches, 3 Muskateers (my favorite), small chocolate caramel, crunch and butterfinger eggs (the caramel are my favorite of the eggs.)



Send good thoughts our way. We are looking for another location (translation: cheaper) for our store. This will be our fifth move. - UGH! We (the employees and I) have a bit of a disagreement on locations. Ultimately, it is mine and R's decision, right? We are going to go look at places Monday afternoon. We still don't have permission from Mr. Klein to get out of our lease, but I don't see what he can say. It's either stay and not pay rent or leave at this point..



Hey, guess what? As I have been typing this, the man and his two kids finally came in the door! And they are buying a few things! (Sorry I misjudged.)



Today is the drawing for our giant Easter Bunny. I will be sad to see him go and so will the kiddos that come in here and pet him over and over and over again. Trying to think what our gimmick will be for next month. It's tax month, which is usually our slowest month of the year.

I'm glad that blogger now has an auto-save, because I typed all of this up and my computer decided to shut itself down for some reason.

If you are on the Teaching Mom Special Mom's Board, could you check in at the board? That board is all but dead. I'm going to go put a post on there today and try to drum up some conversation.

Well, I hope everyone has a happy Easter!

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures...And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable."(Apostle Paul - 1 Corinthians 15:3,4,17-19 NKJV)

No comments: