Saturday, November 17, 2007

Holiday Parade

Today was our annual holiday parade. The theme was Happy 100 years to our town. K17 and K14 clogged on float #112. They looked really sharp out there!

Last night they went to a social, giving R and I some time alone. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Tonight they have a Thanksgiving feast at one of the churches, giving R and I time alone. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They will be at my mom and dad's from Tuesday to Thanksgiving, giving -- you got it -- R and I time alone!

Tomorrow the Texans are playing, so that is couch time for me! The girls don't have any writing homework to do this weekend, but I think they have science work to do, I'm not sure.

I took K17 out of Vocabulary from the Classical Roots - it just wasn't doing the job -- and switched to a visual clue version of Wordsmart. It is the second book in a series, but got it in my resale section so I couldn't be picky.

The girls are at home making cornbread for tonight's feast. I have R working at the cash register deleting files, and I have played on my laptop all day. We got an order from Alabama yesterday. We have had a steady stream of customers today -- I didn't open until noon because of the parade -- mostly Girl Scout purchases.Dang! A man just picked up an expensive item that we NEVER sell and then decided to put it back!

Well, it's about time to close. Y'all have a nice weekend!

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good..." Psalm 100:4, 5a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
It sounds like you had a neat day. I enjoyed reading your blog today.
Blessings,
Judi