Thursday, May 03, 2007

A New Adventure

My teenage daughter decides to take me “driving” to show me what she has learned in Driver’s Ed. I am sitting in the front seat, passenger side of our white mini-van, wearing a T-Shirt and blue pants. "How did I let her talk me into this?" I'm thinking. I am secretly wishing that I had my crash helmet and a pair of Depends with me for support. I lean my seat forward so that I can see the road and be ready to yell “Look Out!” when the time is appropriate. My heat is racing. While my left hand grabs on to the arm rest, I pray silently, “Please, Lord. Let this be over soon!” My right hand is clutching the handle above the door so hard that my knuckles have now turned white. Then my daughter starts the ignition.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices that the system works. ~Bill Vaughan

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. ~Author Unknown

No comments: