Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fall Festival

The fall festival went well. K13 dressed as a cowgirl. K16 and I didn't dress up. I worked at the fishing booth. I got whacked on the head about 50 times with the clothespin at the end of the fishing pole. Made me think of my childhood:

When I was about five or six, my favorite booth at the festival was the fishing booth. I took it soooo seriously as I held that fishing pole in my hand. I wanted to throw the "hook" over the wall, but the booth worker always did it. I would stand patiently, waiting for "the tug" that told me I had something on my hook. In those days, we didn't get candy. We got prizes!!!!

When I was about 11 or 12, I went to a different school, different festival. My favorite booth there was the Spin Art booth because every year the man who owned the booth would pick helpers, and he picked me every year for some reason. My job was to take the ticket, explain to each kid what to do, encourage him not to use too much paint, turn the spinner on, turn it off, take the painting out and hand it to the kid. Doesn't sound too exciting now, does it? But I loved that job and I wasn't even paid. Oh, yeah, I did get to make one painting for free.

Our local Christian radio station's antenna is out, so we've been listening to a country station. So now I am a huge Tim McGraw fan! Also loving Rascal Flatts and Josh Turner!

We're going to a Shakespeare play this morning, so I've got to run!

No comments: