Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cashier

Yesterday I was in the checkout at Kleins and while the cashier was waiting for my credit card to run, she took off her shoe and showed me her toes. "Look," she said. "I have one toe that crosses over the other and it is rubbing against that toe, and it's sore." Ewwww. I don't like looking at people's toes, especially when they have been stuck, sweating in a shoe all day. She said, "I bought one of those Dr. Scholl toe separators, but I don't know where the damned thing went." I was just thinking, "Lady, for goodness sake! Put your shoe back on! I don't want to look at your toes!"

Dd14 is dying her hair today, either brown or red; she hasn't decided yet.

The store has been extremely slow this week, probably because people are waiting to come to the used book sale on Tuesday. That's usually the way it goes.

No comments: