Sunday, February 04, 2007

Motivated Moms

A lot of you ask me how I do it all: run a business, homeschool, and run a home. Having OCD sure doesn't help. Well, lately, I haven't been doing a very good job of either. I have just purchased something that might help me get back on track. It's a yearly cleaning/organizing planner from motivatedmoms.com. It only costs $8, and you download it immediately. I purchased the half-size planner which fits inside my dayrunner. It reminds me to do little things like clean the trash cans and change my kitchen towels. It reminds me to do big things like clean my oven, mop my kitchen, etc. So far it is helping a lot. Thursdays, though, are going to have to be tweaked. There are too many items on the list that day. That is my late day at the store. I don't feel like cleaning my microwave inside and out when I get home at 8:30 p.m.

I have stopped teaching science. I was using Rainbow Science, and it was going fairly well even though I am not a science person. But we hardly ever get to it, so I am just going to make the girls take a science class outside of home for two years. Right now I'm searching for a class that uses Apologia, not easy to find.

Today is the Super Bowl, and we are having cheese dip and multi-grain chips, refried beans, and Spanish rice.

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. ~Erma Bombeck

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966

Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it. ~Author Unknown

I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on. ~Roseanne Barr

No comments: