Wednesday, April 02, 2008

In Like a Lion

Yesterday for an April Fool's Day joke, I texted my friend, L, and told her I was pregnant! Boy, I really had her going there for about 15 minutes, her commenting how happy she was for us, that she hoped she would be chosen as a special aunt for the baby! Then I sprang it on her. It was hysterical. When I saw her sister yesterday, she said, "Congratulations!" I think she was just kidding.

What were some of the April Fool's Day jokes that you endured? My favorites were that Target is purchasing the "What White People Like" webpage and that J.K. Rowling has been given the okay by the estate of C.S. Lewis to write two new Narnia books. OHKim, you really got me with that one, and the employees of the store and my kids, too! They were all standing around the computer as I read it to them with their jaws dropped open. It was SO funny!

Well, last Wednesday, we went to see Mr. Klein to respectfully ask to be released from our five-year lease. Instead, he said that he wants us to stay, so -- get this -- he dropped the rent $3,000 for four months!!!!! I don't know if it will help matters any, but at least it will give us some time to catch up on bills and save us the hassle of moving again.

Have to go get dd17 a passport this week because she is going on a mission trip to Honduras in June. She will be out of the country on her 18th birthday!!!!

We should be getting our tax refund soon. Yippee!!! First things first -- we need to get the carpet shampooed!!! I would like to sock most of it back into the business, but R has some home improvement projects that need to be funded, especially the cut down of a tree in our back yard that is in a very bad spot (near the pool and a fence).

I would like to welcome Ice Mama to my blog. I hope she stops by often! I lost all my favorites in the computer crash, so I don't read many blogs right now.

Well, I have to go finish sending out 700 e-mails. Yahoo is acting up, so it is taking me twice as long.

~c'ya~

No comments: